Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Fathers Day

First off, I'd like to say happy Fathers Day to all the great dads out there. Don't forget to tell your dads how much you love him, cause you never know the last Fathers Day you'll spend with him. My last Fathers Day celebration was 5 years ago.

The reason I made this blog was to write about baseball, and to get my name out there as an aspiring journalist. I don't have many talents, but the one skill I'd like to believe I have is the ability to write, and to do it well. To captivate minds, draw people in, make them appreciate the fact they took time out of their lives to read the words I put out there. This post won't be about baseball, and I hope everyone who reads this absorbs this message and remember it well.

Sure, everyone knows I'm a baseball fanatic. I could tell you David Wrights records, but I could also tell you about a loving father. I could tell you who gave up the historic record breaking home run to Barry Bonds, but I could tell you what it's like growing up without a father to guide you. I could tell you top prospects and how good they might be, but I could let you know what it's like living in a broken family, one torn apart at the seams from one moment of absolute despair. But I am blessed. You may think I'm crazy, but I'm blessed. Blessed to have known such a brave and loving man. Blessed to have learned so much from him, even though he left me when I was so young. Blessed to know that to this day my dads looking down on me right now. I'm not the best person, I'll be the first to admit it. I can make a list of all of my flaws, and it would be a long one. I just hope he's proud of me. That's all I want, to make him proud that I'm his son. He was a pain in the ass at times, and I'm sure I wasn't the most pleasant person to be around sometimes too. But I miss him every day and I can't wait to see him again. I'll never forget all he did for me.

Hug your dads a little bit tighter today. You've heard the saying, and it's true. You don't know what you've got until it's gone. Be thankful for every thing your father does for you. I'm hoping that sharing this makes everyone appreciate today just a little more. Happy Fathers Day dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment